Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help



Go Back   PeachParts Mercedes-Benz Forum > Mercedes-Benz Tech Information and Support > Diesel Discussion

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #16  
Old 12-14-2018, 12:24 AM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Netherlands, South
Posts: 302
How are Meyle waterpumps? Febi I would avoid at all costs a lot electric parts are DOA.

I don't want to pay the highest price (OEM) knowing they rebox it. So I want to sit between too low and too high.

Critical components I will go OEM like the chain.

Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 12-14-2018, 12:41 AM
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: The slums of Beverly Hills
Posts: 8,065
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsp300D View Post
How are Meyle waterpumps? Febi I would avoid at all costs a lot electric parts are DOA.

I don't want to pay the highest price (OEM) knowing they rebox it. So I want to sit between too low and too high.

Critical components I will go OEM like the chain.
Whatever component you're looking to buy regardless of the brand find and read the reviews. That's where you'll find where it's manufactured and how it holds up over the long term. If you can't find customer reviews for a component or you're not sure where it's manufactured, make sure the seller has a no questions asked free return policy. And by all means contribute with your own reviews good or bad for whatever component you bought. Threads like this one come and go but customer reviews on the large E-commerce sites are up there for a very long time. They can make or break sales for an individual item.
__________________
CENSORED due to not family friendly words
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 12-14-2018, 08:04 AM
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Northwest Indiana
Posts: 11,216
Quote:
Originally Posted by tjts1 View Post
Who wants to put some new genuine Made in India Bosch injector nozzles in their diesel? Who wants to pay extra for genuine Made in China Febi engine mounts?

Read reviews, apply critical thinking and take it on a part by part basis. Condemning entire brands out of hand because some guy on some forum said so is dumb.
Couldn't agree more, on the part by part basis. Have used URO for many little easy to change parts, (door striker for w123, washer fluid res plug for w124) to name a few. Would not consider for a front or rear crank seal or engine mount.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 12-14-2018, 08:17 AM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 5,836
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsp300D View Post
Here in Europe we never heard of the brand URO?


Some time back a fellow that had actually worked for URO at one time. . Posted his perspectives. There are many parts that to me personally. I have labeled just made to sell. Not to provide reasonable service. Some URO parts fall into this category of mine. URO is unfortunately not alone as a questionable supplier..
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 12-14-2018, 08:38 AM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Netherlands, South
Posts: 302
Quote:
Originally Posted by barry12345 View Post
Some time back a fellow that had actually worked for URO at one time. . Posted his perspectives. There are many parts that to me personally. I have labeled just made to sell. Not to provide reasonable service. Some URO parts fall into this category of mine. URO is unfortunately not alone as a questionable supplier..
Thanks for the response. I read on other brands failure of Meyle pumps so I was a bit shocked then.

https://www.vwclub.co.za/forum/viewtopic.php?t=210213

Must be a counterfeit I think.
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 12-18-2018, 06:05 PM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Netherlands, South
Posts: 302
Ok I have my Hella-Behr waterpump now just in and it's made in China.





It looks beefier than the Meyle unit.


Last edited by jsp300D; 12-19-2018 at 04:01 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 02-03-2022, 11:22 AM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2022
Posts: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by vstech View Post
O.e.m. is a brand...
Uro...
Meyle has some good parts, some junk...
I created profile on this page just because of your post. hopefully you've been corrected since then, what the OEM is, if you still don't know, then google it.

if you can't, I'll summarize that for you. OEM (original equipment manufacturer) is NOT a brand. car dealers are selling car parts under OEM signs. but neither benz nor bavaria nor any other originally manufactured a single screw for their cars. instead they contracted the parts with various manufacturers and one OEM part could be manufactured by Sachs, another by Hella, others by Bosch and yet they will be still OEM. except that the OEM quality of the car part may have changed since it was first time built in to the car years ago and/or other car parts manufacturers may have surpassed the quality of the OEM part.
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 02-04-2022, 01:07 PM
vwnate1's Avatar
Diesel Dandy
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Sunny So. Cal. !
Posts: 6,839
Post Chinese Water Pump

I forget where my water pump was made, it's been a long while (years) and many more miles than most and so far not a drop of leakage nor any bearing noise...

Some Chinese things are very good indeed ~ just like the Japanese things well into the 1970's some were awful, others were great and still giving good service decades later .
__________________
-Nate

Ignorance is the mother of suspicion and fear is the father

I did then what I knew how to do ~ now that I know better I do better
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 02-05-2022, 01:01 AM
Rogviler's Avatar
Unpurist
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Colorado
Posts: 894
Quote:
Originally Posted by toml81 View Post
I created profile on this page just because of your post. hopefully you've been corrected since then, what the OEM is, if you still don't know, then google it.

if you can't, I'll summarize that for you. OEM (original equipment manufacturer) is NOT a brand. car dealers are selling car parts under OEM signs. but neither benz nor bavaria nor any other originally manufactured a single screw for their cars. instead they contracted the parts with various manufacturers and one OEM part could be manufactured by Sachs, another by Hella, others by Bosch and yet they will be still OEM. except that the OEM quality of the car part may have changed since it was first time built in to the car years ago and/or other car parts manufacturers may have surpassed the quality of the OEM part.
No, OEM is literally a brand name that someone came up with to make people think it was "original eguipment," which is what he was referring to.

Don't believe me?

https://www.oemautoparts.net/en

Quote:
The OEM brand is a leading commercially acceptable value line in the marketplace. We offer a no-frills approach, and put the cost savings 'in the box'.
Hopefully you feel better having "corrected" someone on the internet though.

Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On




All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:34 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0
Copyright 2018 Pelican Parts, LLC - Posts may be archived for display on the Peach Parts or Pelican Parts Website -    DMCA Registered Agent Contact Page