Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help




Go Back   PeachParts Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Discussions > Off-Topic Discussion

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 06-19-2007, 09:59 AM
Botnst's Avatar
What knockers!
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: There castle.
Posts: 35,707
Math & science jokes

Newton

Once all the scientists die and go to heaven. They decide to play hide-n-seek

Unfortunately Einstein
is the one who has the den...........He is supposed to count up to 100...and then start searching.....


Everyone starts hiding except Newton.........

Newton just draws a square of 1 meter and stands in it right in front of Einstein.

Einstein's counting 1,2,3......97,98,99.....100........ He opens his eyes and finds Newton standing in front........

Einstein says " newton's out..newton's out....."

Newton denies and says "I am not out........I am not Newton......"

All the scientists come out to see how he proves that he is not Newton.

Newton says "I am standing in an area of 1 sq meter..... That makes me Newton per square meter...... Since one Newton per square meter is one Pascal, I'm Pascal, Therefore Pascal is OUT.......!
************
__________________
'Government is like a baby:
An alimentary canal with a big appetite at one end and
no sense of responsibility at the other'
- Ronald Reagan
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 06-19-2007, 10:09 AM
Kuan's Avatar
unband
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: At the Birkebeiner
Posts: 3,811
Mathemetician: Device for turning laughter into boredom.
__________________
You don't need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows - Robert A. Zimmerman
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 06-19-2007, 10:32 AM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 4,263
Not quite, Kuan.

"A device for turning coffee into theorems." These days, however, I spend my time turning coffee into computer programs.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 06-19-2007, 12:41 PM
I miss my MBZ
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Cincinnati, OH
Posts: 531
Quote:
Originally Posted by Botnst View Post
Newton

Once all the scientists die and go to heaven. They decide to play hide-n-seek

Unfortunately Einstein
is the one who has the den...........He is supposed to count up to 100...and then start searching.....


Everyone starts hiding except Newton.........

Newton just draws a square of 1 meter and stands in it right in front of Einstein.

Einstein's counting 1,2,3......97,98,99.....100........ He opens his eyes and finds Newton standing in front........

Einstein says " newton's out..newton's out....."

Newton denies and says "I am not out........I am not Newton......"

All the scientists come out to see how he proves that he is not Newton.

Newton says "I am standing in an area of 1 sq meter..... That makes me Newton per square meter...... Since one Newton per square meter is one Pascal, I'm Pascal, Therefore Pascal is OUT.......!
************

Bot,
That has GOT to be the WORST joke I have ever heard...I dont fwd things a lot but I am gonna set the internet on FIRE with that one....

Thank you =)


-John
__________________
2009 Kia Sedona
2009 Honda Odyssey EX-L
1994 Miata M-edition (salvage-rebuilt)

(insert Mercedes here)

Husband, Father, sometimes friend =)
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 06-19-2007, 01:29 PM
Medmech's Avatar
Gone Waterboarding
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 117
I can imgaine B at the office telling jokes like:

What did the Rhus radicans say to the Toxicodendron diversilobum?
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 06-19-2007, 01:33 PM
Botnst's Avatar
What knockers!
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: There castle.
Posts: 35,707
Quote:
Originally Posted by Howitzer View Post
I can imgaine B at the office telling jokes like:

What did the Rhus radicans say to the Toxicodendron diversilobum?
You think he's a Quercus but I folio every time.
__________________
'Government is like a baby:
An alimentary canal with a big appetite at one end and
no sense of responsibility at the other'
- Ronald Reagan
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 06-19-2007, 01:43 PM
Zeus's Avatar
Moderating, Eh?
 
Join Date: Feb 2000
Location: Canada
Posts: 1,774
Quote:
Originally Posted by Botnst View Post
You think he's a Quercus but I folio every time.
Always got an Acer up your sleeve, no need to root around for a fungi...
__________________
Chris
2007 E550 4Matic - 61,000 Km - Iridium Silver, black leather, Sport package, Premium 2 package
2007 GL450 4Matic - 62,000 Km - Obsidian Black Metallic, black leather, all options
1998 E430 - sold
1989 300E - 333,000 Km - sold
1977 280E - sold
1971 250 - retired


"And a frign hat. They gave me a hat at the annual benefits meeting. I said. how does this benefit me. I dont have anything from the company.. So they gave me a hat." - TheDon
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 06-19-2007, 02:12 PM
Kuan's Avatar
unband
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: At the Birkebeiner
Posts: 3,811
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt L View Post
Not quite, Kuan.

"A device for turning coffee into theorems." These days, however, I spend my time turning coffee into computer programs.
See what I mean? I rest my case.
__________________
You don't need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows - Robert A. Zimmerman
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 06-19-2007, 02:20 PM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 4,263
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuan View Post
See what I mean? I rest my case.
You would have something here, had your original been funny. As it is, this is a null hypothesis.

I rest *my* case.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 06-19-2007, 02:28 PM
Kuan's Avatar
unband
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: At the Birkebeiner
Posts: 3,811
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt L View Post
You would have something here, had your original been funny. As it is, this is a null hypothesis.

I rest *my* case.
Mathmaticians can't spell either. That's the first time I've seen "dull" spelled like that.
__________________
You don't need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows - Robert A. Zimmerman
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 06-19-2007, 02:35 PM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 4,263
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuan View Post
Mathmaticians can't spell either. That's the first time I've seen "dull" spelled like that.
It's your own hypothesis which is null. Do you also imply that it is "dull?"

I didn't think so.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 06-19-2007, 02:39 PM
Kuan's Avatar
unband
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: At the Birkebeiner
Posts: 3,811
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt L View Post
It's your own hypothesis which is null. Do you also imply that it is "dull?"

I didn't think so.
Uh hum, that was self referential. You said "this is a null hypothesis."
__________________
You don't need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows - Robert A. Zimmerman
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 06-19-2007, 02:54 PM
Kuan's Avatar
unband
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: At the Birkebeiner
Posts: 3,811
Friend of mine, a mathematician, decides he wants to open a business. He consults me of course. Turns out he wants to open a torus shoppe.
__________________
You don't need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows - Robert A. Zimmerman
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 06-19-2007, 03:02 PM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 4,263
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuan View Post
Uh hum, that was self referential. You said "this is a null hypothesis."
While it's hard to fathom that you would seriously believe that I was talking about my own hypothesis, I guess it takes all kinds.

Unless of course, you're intentionally being dense. While this is very likely the case, I don't think you were being very entertaining in this response or in the original. I can't speak for others, clearly.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 06-19-2007, 03:11 PM
Kuan's Avatar
unband
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: At the Birkebeiner
Posts: 3,811
Gosh Matt you really don't have a sense of humor. Yes it was only vaguely self referential. Had it been clearly self referential it would have been something like

1) This hypothesis is null

However, your use of the subjunctive conditional before concluding that "this," is a null hypothesis, implies that the "this" in the latter part of your post refers to the previous conditional which makes the whole thing self contradictory.

Say what you want. I'm moving on. It's gone past the humor stage.
__________________
You don't need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows - Robert A. Zimmerman
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On




All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:51 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0
Copyright 2018 Pelican Parts, LLC - Posts may be archived for display on the Peach Parts or Pelican Parts Website -    DMCA Registered Agent Contact Page