Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help




Go Back   PeachParts Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Discussions > Off-Topic Discussion

View Poll Results: Heaven? Hell? The Devil? You buy into it?
Hell Yes!!! 15 35.71%
Hell No!!! 28 66.67%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 42. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 06-22-2013, 08:08 PM
A Talent for Obfuscation
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: In the Deep State
Posts: 10,960
Heaven, Hell and the Devil

Observing one of our members condemn people to burn in Hell begs the question: Do you believe in the existence of Heaven, Hell and the Devil, as described in the Good Book?
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 06-22-2013, 08:12 PM
davidmash's Avatar
Supercalifragilisticexpia
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Arlington, TX
Posts: 22,663
No. I see no redeeming value in the belief of a vindictive capricious god or their play mates.
__________________
Sent from an agnostic abacus

2014 C250 21,XXX my new DD ** 2013 GLK 350 18,000 Wife's new DD**

- With out god, life is everything.
- God is an ever receding pocket of scientific ignorance that's getting smaller and smaller as time moves on..." Neil DeGrasse Tyson
- You can pray for me, I'll think for you.
- When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 06-22-2013, 08:16 PM
A Talent for Obfuscation
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: In the Deep State
Posts: 10,960
No. I think that the Bible is a work of fiction.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 06-22-2013, 08:41 PM
The Clk Man's Avatar
Saved By Grace
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Heaven Bound
Posts: 123
I believe in my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.
__________________
For the Saved, this world is the worst it will ever get.
For the unSaved, this world is the best it will ever get.

Clk's Ebay Stuff BUY SOMETHING NOW!!!
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 06-22-2013, 09:20 PM
Pooka
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 664
I look forward to both. Heaven for the weather and Hell for the interesting people one would meet there.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 06-22-2013, 09:37 PM
TheDon's Avatar
Open Discussion Moderator
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 13,212
Did I miss the condemning?
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 06-22-2013, 10:05 PM
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 2,220
God is the final judge...Not man. So only the individual can make that claim. They should easily be aware of where they stand.

Why believe either way? How about an "I don't know, because I've never seen it, heard it, or seen credible evidence lending truth that such a place exists at all?" Seems to me, that's the most intelligent answer from someone that doesn't have faith. At least Christians have something to base their faith on. The Bible....Atheists, on the other hand, have absolutely nothing to stand on but their simple rebuke: "It is because I said it is...So there..."
__________________
1987 300SDL (324000)

1986 Porsche 951 (944 Turbo) (166000)

1978 Porsche 924 (99000)

1996 Nissan Pathfinder R50 (201000)
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 06-22-2013, 10:15 PM
The Clk Man's Avatar
Saved By Grace
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Heaven Bound
Posts: 123
Quote:
Originally Posted by DslBnz View Post
God is the final judge...Not man. So only the individual can make that claim. They should easily be aware of where they stand.

Why believe either way? How about an "I don't know, because I've never seen it, heard it, or seen credible evidence lending truth that such a place exists at all?" Seems to me, that's the most intelligent answer from someone that doesn't have faith. At least Christians have something to base their faith on. The Bible....Atheists, on the other hand, have absolutely nothing to stand on but their simple rebuke: "It is because I said it is...So there..."
Well Stated.
__________________
For the Saved, this world is the worst it will ever get.
For the unSaved, this world is the best it will ever get.

Clk's Ebay Stuff BUY SOMETHING NOW!!!
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 06-22-2013, 10:37 PM
davidmash's Avatar
Supercalifragilisticexpia
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Arlington, TX
Posts: 22,663
Quote:
Originally Posted by DslBnz View Post
God is the final judge...Not man. So only the individual can make that claim. They should easily be aware of where they stand.

Why believe either way? How about an "I don't know, because I've never seen it, heard it, or seen credible evidence lending truth that such a place exists at all?" Seems to me, that's the most intelligent answer from someone that doesn't have faith. At least Christians have something to base their faith on. The Bible....Atheists, on the other hand, have absolutely nothing to stand on but their simple rebuke: "It is because I said it is...So there..."

Why do you think science and logic is nothing but your bible is 'something'?
__________________
Sent from an agnostic abacus

2014 C250 21,XXX my new DD ** 2013 GLK 350 18,000 Wife's new DD**

- With out god, life is everything.
- God is an ever receding pocket of scientific ignorance that's getting smaller and smaller as time moves on..." Neil DeGrasse Tyson
- You can pray for me, I'll think for you.
- When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 06-22-2013, 10:38 PM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 3,245
Quote:
Originally Posted by DslBnz View Post
God is the final judge...Not man. So only the individual can make that claim. They should easily be aware of where they stand.

Why believe either way? How about an "I don't know, because I've never seen it, heard it, or seen credible evidence lending truth that such a place exists at all?" Seems to me, that's the most intelligent answer from someone that doesn't have faith. At least Christians have something to base their faith on. The Bible....Atheists, on the other hand, have absolutely nothing to stand on but their simple rebuke: "It is because I said it is...So there..."
I disagree. If they have faith that they are right, then why can I not have faith that they are wrong.
__________________
90 300TE 4-M

Turbo 103, T3/T04E 50 trim
T04B cover .60 AR
Stage 3 turbine .63 AR
A2W I/C, 40 LB/HR
MS2E, 60-2 Direct Coil Control
3" Exh, AEM W/B O2
Underdrive Alt. and P/S Pulleys,
Vented Rear Discs, .034 Booster.
3.07 diffs 1st Gear Start

90 300CE 104.980
Milled & ported head, 10.3:1 compression
197 intake cam w/20 advancer
4 ignition advance
PCS TCM2000, built 722.6
600W networked suction fan
Sportline sway bars
V8 rear subframe, Quaife ATB 3.06 diff
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 06-22-2013, 10:52 PM
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 2,220
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidmash View Post
Why do you think science and logic is nothing but your bible is 'something'?
You're kidding right? You're not serious with that answer are you?
__________________
1987 300SDL (324000)

1986 Porsche 951 (944 Turbo) (166000)

1978 Porsche 924 (99000)

1996 Nissan Pathfinder R50 (201000)
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 06-22-2013, 10:53 PM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Carson City, NV
Posts: 3,784
I don't believe in any kind of religion, however I'll sometimes use religious terms in conversation, such as a conversation I had today. We were talking about how Disney had bought up a lot of swamp land and filled it in in Florida many years ago. I said that these days you would have to do an environmental impact study and then get permission from God, Jesus, and everybody before you could do anything.
__________________
Anyone who thinks a 300D is fast drives too slow.

83 300D Turbo with manual conversion, early W126 vented front rotors and H4 headlights 360,xxx miles
08 Triumph Street Triple 28,xxx miles, lowered 10mm in front, Pirelli Angel GT tires, EBC HH brake pads, otherwise stock.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 06-22-2013, 11:02 PM
greazzer's Avatar
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 5,391
Too funny .... is the forum member "condeming" someone to death OR is he pointing out that being an atheist will cause one to be another log on the fire? I know it's a petty distinction or perhaps a distinction without a difference, but I think it's important to draw out the difference. It seems as if the majority on this forum is left leaning, God bashing, and take a cheap shot at Jesus and his followers. Also, it's a tight-knit pack so to speak which seems to dog pile on those who have a different view. Then, to celebrate their intellectual superiority, they praise each other on how they "won" the debate. Suprisingly, more Christians are stepping up to the plate and professing their faith in Jesus on this forum. The current "majority" generally "win" their debates by clinging to some bizarre minor or trival point and then suckering the other forum member into some petty dispute over this minor nuance where invariably there is some sort of discrepancy. So, to make this perhaps simpler, (who ever this forum member is) is that person "condeming" someone OR is it really our Savior Jesus Christ who points out that He is the way to salvation? John 14.6. I believe in Jesus and his words, and he was very clear on this point. The current majority may not believe in God, but He believes in you so there is hope.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 06-22-2013, 11:04 PM
davidmash's Avatar
Supercalifragilisticexpia
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Arlington, TX
Posts: 22,663
Quote:
Originally Posted by DslBnz View Post
You're kidding right? You're not serious with that answer are you?
Yes I am serious. How is a book that cannot be verified be more valid than science and simple logic?
__________________
Sent from an agnostic abacus

2014 C250 21,XXX my new DD ** 2013 GLK 350 18,000 Wife's new DD**

- With out god, life is everything.
- God is an ever receding pocket of scientific ignorance that's getting smaller and smaller as time moves on..." Neil DeGrasse Tyson
- You can pray for me, I'll think for you.
- When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 06-22-2013, 11:24 PM
davidmash's Avatar
Supercalifragilisticexpia
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Arlington, TX
Posts: 22,663
Quote:
Originally Posted by greazzer View Post
Too funny .... is the forum member "condeming" someone to death OR is he pointing out that being an atheist will cause one to be another log on the fire? I know it's a petty distinction or perhaps a distinction without a difference, but I think it's important to draw out the difference. It seems as if the majority on this forum is left leaning, God bashing, and take a cheap shot at Jesus and his followers. Also, it's a tight-knit pack so to speak which seems to dog pile on those who have a different view. Then, to celebrate their intellectual superiority, they praise each other on how they "won" the debate. Suprisingly, more Christians are stepping up to the plate and professing their faith in Jesus on this forum. The current "majority" generally "win" their debates by clinging to some bizarre minor or trival point and then suckering the other forum member into some petty dispute over this minor nuance where invariably there is some sort of discrepancy. So, to make this perhaps simpler, (who ever this forum member is) is that person "condeming" someone OR is it really our Savior Jesus Christ who points out that He is the way to salvation? John 14.6. I believe in Jesus and his words, and he was very clear on this point. The current majority may not believe in God, but He believes in you so there is hope.
Playing the victim does not work. Christians have been beating up the rest of the world for centuries. Please do not be surprised when it comes back to bite you.

Believe what ever makes you happy. just be aware that there are other people out there who have different beliefs or no beliefs and that we are not going to be the quiet little sheep that you are used to. Be aware that when you try and push your beliefs on others that there will be push back and that you may not like it.
__________________
Sent from an agnostic abacus

2014 C250 21,XXX my new DD ** 2013 GLK 350 18,000 Wife's new DD**

- With out god, life is everything.
- God is an ever receding pocket of scientific ignorance that's getting smaller and smaller as time moves on..." Neil DeGrasse Tyson
- You can pray for me, I'll think for you.
- When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On




All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:29 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0
Copyright 2018 Pelican Parts, LLC - Posts may be archived for display on the Peach Parts or Pelican Parts Website -    DMCA Registered Agent Contact Page