View Single Post
Old 04-06-2015, 10:53 AM
ROLLGUY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zacharias View Post
I'm the one who took the discussion onto a tangent, but if you read my initial reply, I started off suggesting you send a message (via the board) to eaton's email address instead of via a PM. Depending on his account settings, he may or may not be getting notifications via email when he has new PMs. An email will reach him, regardless.
Again, I am not upset with you or anyone else. I did both PM and email, but no reply yet from either. As others have said on this and other threads (in not the same words), this community has been very helpful and is a great asset to all the members here. To me it is like an extended family. Being such, when a member is not heard from in a while, we get concerned. I desire to be an asset to this community as well, and should I be absent for a time, I would hope someone would take notice and investigate the reason for my absence. Being a peddler of Mercedes-Benz Diesel related niche products, I deal with many folks on this board. I feel that I have the responsibility to act with honesty and integrity with every person I deal with here. Being absent without notice tends to erode that integrity. When I go out of town and don't have access to the 'net, I try my best to let the people know before hand that are expecting something from me, that I will be out of communication for a time.
That is why this whole thing with the 123 book deal bothers me. It is like the guy just disappears without notice, right in the middle of the project. There are others that are probably just as baffled with the circumstances surrounding the book deal as I am. The credibility of uberwasser has plummeted in my opinion, and even if he brings the book deal back to life, I will not take part in it.
All this to say, if I ever go absent for a period of time without warning, there is definitely something wrong and someone should investigate. You are all like family to me, and I would do the same for you if need be.....Rich