Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help



Go Back   PeachParts Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Discussions > Off-Topic Discussion

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 03-25-2008, 07:50 PM
280SE Guy's Avatar
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 246
Anyone for Pig Stomach?

Only in Pennsylvania would you find this in the weekly free home delivered newspaper. All you can eat for $6.95 is the Wednesday special "Pig Stomach" at the Intercourse Village Restaurant. For those that don't know where Intercourse, PA is it's almost half way between Blue Ball and Paradise. Copy of the local advert is attached. Be sure to make your reservations now for the event.



Attached Thumbnails
Anyone for Pig Stomach?-intercourse_restaurant.jpg   Anyone for Pig Stomach?-map.jpg  
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 03-25-2008, 08:11 PM
Chad300tdt's Avatar
Benzless Scoutmaster
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: North Wales, PA
Posts: 4,001
Mmmm ... stuffed pig stomach, scrapple and fastnachts.
__________________
Chad
2006 Nissan Pathfinder LE
1998 Acura 3.0 CL
OBK#44
"Pleasure in the job puts perfection in the work." - Aristotle (384-322 B.C.)

SOLD
1985 300TD - Red Dragon
1986 300SDL - Coda
1991 - 300TE
1995 - E320
1985 300CD - Gladys
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 03-25-2008, 08:35 PM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: beautiful Bucks Co, PA
Posts: 961
Don't forget souse and pepperpot soup.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 03-25-2008, 10:06 PM
Larry Delor's Avatar
What, Me Worry?
 
Join Date: Jun 1999
Location: Sarasota, Fl.
Posts: 3,112
Nothing wrong with Souse(Sülze)....although it does depend on who makes it.
Geier's in Sarasota makes great Souse (and Headcheese)

Walmart apparently is trying to one-up everbody, by making theirs with tongue. For me, that is a waste of tongue. It is much better in jelly (aspic) or in Bloodsausage.
__________________
It is a truism that almost any sect, cult, or religion will legislate its creed into law if it acquires the political power to do so. Robert A. Heinlein


09 Jetta TDI
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 03-25-2008, 10:11 PM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: beautiful Bucks Co, PA
Posts: 961
Nothing wrong with scrapple or fastnachts either. My maternal ancestors are from Germantown, I grew up with all this stuff.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 03-25-2008, 10:23 PM
Glowplug's Avatar
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Tulsa, OK
Posts: 71
Pig stomach in a town called Intercourse . You couldn't make that up .
__________________
93 300 D 2.5 turbo
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 03-25-2008, 10:38 PM
BENZ-LGB's Avatar
Strong, silent type
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Southern California
Posts: 1,663
Quote:
Originally Posted by 280SE Guy View Post
Only in Pennsylvania would you find this in the weekly free home delivered newspaper. All you can eat for $6.95 is the Wednesday special "Pig Stomach" at the Intercourse Village Restaurant. For those that don't know where Intercourse, PA is it's almost half way between Blue Ball and Paradise. Copy of the local advert is attached. Be sure to make your reservations now for the event.

Yummy....hogmaw.

The only question is: fried or boiled?
__________________
Current Benzes

1989 300TE "Alice"
1990 300CE "Sam Spade"
1991 300CE "Beowulf" RIP (06.1991 - 10.10.2007)
1998 E320 "Orson"
2002 C320 Wagon "Molly Fox"

Res non semper sunt quae esse videntur

My Gallery

Not in this weather!
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 03-25-2008, 10:44 PM
WVOtoGO's Avatar
Up & Over
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Usually, in the skies above you.
Posts: 151
This country never ceases to amaze me.

DJ
The UK Mum
__________________
1980 300D - Veggie Burner !
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 03-25-2008, 10:45 PM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: beautiful Bucks Co, PA
Posts: 961
Quote:
Originally Posted by BENZ-LGB View Post
Yummy....hogmaw.

The only question is: fried or boiled?
Which ever. As far as I know, the pig stomach is ground up with all the other leftovers and floor sweepings to make scrapple- a local delicacy.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 03-25-2008, 11:21 PM
WVOtoGO's Avatar
Up & Over
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Usually, in the skies above you.
Posts: 151
Intercourse, PA.
I figure that’s one place in America I should certainly say I’ve been to before I pass on. So I’ve looked into it a bit.

I found a bit of a chuckle (if not confusion) regarding the hotel there.

Their advertisement states:
Experience the history and lifestyle of the Amish while staying at this 100% smoke free Intercourse, Pennsylvania hotel. Located in the quaint village of Intercourse, Pennsylvania, the Best Western Intercourse Village Inn & Restaurant offers a look into the history and modern day life of the Amish and Mennonite communities.
Room Information
1 DOUBLE BED,NSMK,HI SPEED NET,IRON,COFMKR,TV25IN,
* 1 Double Bed * No Smoking * High Speed Internet Access * Iron And Ironing Board * Coffee Maker * Television 25 Inch * Continental Breakfast

Seems odd to me, to read about High Speed Internet Access, Coffee Makers and 25 Inch Televisions with all the other rubbish about “lifestyle of the Amish”. I guess it’s become part of the “modern day life of the Amish and Mennonite communities”.

DJ
UK mum
__________________
1980 300D - Veggie Burner !
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 03-26-2008, 07:32 AM
Jordan G's Avatar
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Lancaster, PA
Posts: 389
Quote:
Originally Posted by WVOtoGO View Post
Intercourse, PA.
I figure that’s one place in America I should certainly say I’ve been to before I pass on. So I’ve looked into it a bit.

I found a bit of a chuckle (if not confusion) regarding the hotel there.

Their advertisement states:
Experience the history and lifestyle of the Amish while staying at this 100% smoke free Intercourse, Pennsylvania hotel. Located in the quaint village of Intercourse, Pennsylvania, the Best Western Intercourse Village Inn & Restaurant offers a look into the history and modern day life of the Amish and Mennonite communities.
Room Information
1 DOUBLE BED,NSMK,HI SPEED NET,IRON,COFMKR,TV25IN,
* 1 Double Bed * No Smoking * High Speed Internet Access * Iron And Ironing Board * Coffee Maker * Television 25 Inch * Continental Breakfast

Seems odd to me, to read about High Speed Internet Access, Coffee Makers and 25 Inch Televisions with all the other rubbish about “lifestyle of the Amish”. I guess it’s become part of the “modern day life of the Amish and Mennonite communities”.

DJ
UK mum

Welllllll - you make a wise observation WVO. I live 5 minutes from Intercourse. Insert your own innuendo. Having grown up near Blue Ball, Bird-in-Hand and attending a high school named Garden Spot (abbreviated G-Spot)....I'm rather desensitized by it all.

Intercourse (the town, that is) is rather bogus - it's just commercialized quasi-amish stuff to feed the outsiders. I suppose some of the furniture, for example, is amish made....but obviously, staying at a holiday inn or best western isn't the way to understand the culture. Having said that......do tourists really want to "live" like the amish on their trip? If so, I'll be buying a huge house right down the street (without electric) to convert into a B&B.

Back on point though - yes, I've eaten pig stomach and I cook scrapple every saturday morning - served with maple syrup. Both my house and the organic, amish farm that I buy everything from is located on that map posted above.

So ladies, if you want to experience Intercourse, PM me (photos, please).

And WVO - there is an small airfield in Smoketown - between my house and Intercourse, I'll pick ya up and we'll go a dieselin'. The amish love my old benz and are very, very interested in biodiesel.
__________________
1981 240d - 135k - Arlene

Last edited by Jordan G; 03-26-2008 at 08:14 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 03-26-2008, 09:55 AM
Mistress's Avatar
No crying in baseball
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Inside a vortex
Posts: 624
I watched a program the other night How Things Are Made and they had a section on bacon.......I'll never eat it again.
__________________
"It's normal for these things to empty your wallet and break your heart in the process."
2003 S430- "Yolanda"
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 03-26-2008, 09:57 AM
Chad300tdt's Avatar
Benzless Scoutmaster
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: North Wales, PA
Posts: 4,001
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mistress View Post
I watched a program the other night How Things Are Made and they had a section on bacon.......I'll never eat it again.
Don't ever look into peanut butter then.
__________________
Chad
2006 Nissan Pathfinder LE
1998 Acura 3.0 CL
OBK#44
"Pleasure in the job puts perfection in the work." - Aristotle (384-322 B.C.)

SOLD
1985 300TD - Red Dragon
1986 300SDL - Coda
1991 - 300TE
1995 - E320
1985 300CD - Gladys
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 03-26-2008, 10:01 AM
Dee8go's Avatar
Senor User
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Arlington, VA
Posts: 7,190
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mistress View Post
I watched a program the other night How Things Are Made and they had a section on bacon.......I'll never eat it again.
The Rabbi will be relieved . . .
__________________
" The market, like the Lord, helps those who help themselves. But, unlike the Lord, the market does not forgive those who know not what they do."- Warren Buffett

OBK #55

1998 Lincoln Continental - Sold
Max 1984 300TD 285,000 miles - Sold
The Dee8gonator 1987 560SEC 196,000 miles - Sold
Orgasmatron - 2006 CLS500 90,000 miles
2002 C320 Wagon 122,000 miles
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 03-26-2008, 11:14 AM
TheDon's Avatar
Ghost of Diesels Past
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 13,217
Intercourse,PA..


sex town.. heh...

i'm down for every day of the week except pig stomach day

Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On




All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:23 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0
Copyright 2018 Pelican Parts, LLC - Posts may be archived for display on the Peach Parts or Pelican Parts Website -    DMCA Registered Agent Contact Page