Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   PeachParts Mercedes ShopForum > Technical Information and Support > Tech Help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-10-2001, 07:31 AM
Posts: n/a
This is a 1986 300E - I went to change my air filter, and when I raised the metal lid up , I broke off this rubber piece connecting to the engine, it looks to be a breather tube or something, it connects from the top of the metal air filter lid to the engine, anyone know what it is called?..or part #..thanks
p.s.- everything I touch on this car, I break..LOL
Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2001, 08:09 AM
Join Date: Mar 2000
Location: Gainesville FL
Posts: 6,844
Breather hose/tube sounds good to me. It is MB # 103 094 10 82 and lists for $11. If you take the whole hose off you will probably find that part number on it. That would verify that we are talking about the same thing.

Don't feel badly about breaking it, fifteen years is pretty good for a heated rubber product in a hydrocarbon environment.
Steve Brotherton
Continental Imports
Gainesville FL
Bosch Master, ASE Master, L1
33 years MB technician
Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2001, 10:42 AM
Crowe's Avatar
Benz Enthusiast
Join Date: Apr 2000
Location: Atlanta, GA
Posts: 366
Steve is correct

If you are talking about the rubber hose that goes from the top of the breather to the valve cover, it is the breather hose. Note that there is also a clear plastic tube that goes into the breather hose and goes down below the breather. Be carefull that you don't break this plastic tube, with age it becomes yellow and very brittle. I know, I broke mine. The good news is that you can patch it with a section of aquarium tubing.
  • 2001 E320
Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2001, 08:52 PM
Posts: n/a
glad to hear Im not the only one that brakes parts in my engine..*LOL*

sounds like the breather hose..fixed mine too easy job..

good thing Im not the one working on the front end bushings..*LOL*


1982 380 SEC
the benz with an attitude for parts
Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2001, 09:01 PM
longston's Avatar
Another View. . .
Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: Mark West, CA
Posts: 787
I Don't Understand...

Why is this question being posted again, when it was already answered in your "Hand Tighten Oil Filter" thread?

You will notice that Steve confirmed my answer as the correct part #.
"We drive into the future using only our rearview mirror."
- Marshall McLuhan -

Scott Longston
Northern California Wine Country...
"Turbos whistle, grapes wine..."
Reply With Quote


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
part # help mattdave Tech Help 15 11-17-2004 07:40 PM
1998 C230 part upgrade Ethan Tech Help 2 04-20-2004 10:34 PM
Group Purchase 86 - 93 W124 Avantguard Grille placo1 Mercedes Used Parts For Sale & Wanted 78 08-26-2003 07:36 PM
1995 E-300 Diesel Leaking Part Byte007 Tech Help 2 01-30-2003 11:29 AM
What is the part number... hippie_elmo Vintage Mercedes 2 12-06-2001 04:13 PM

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:06 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0
Copyright 2018 Pelican Parts LLC - Posts may be archived for display on the Peach Parts or Pelican Parts Website -    DMCA Registered Agent Contact Page